If you’re looking for something truly different in the world of healthcare administration… If you thrive on the idea of serving others while leading and developing a highly collaborative team… If you’d like to help redefine the notion of patient-focused healthcare, then Priority Physicians may be for you! Priority Physicians is Indiana’s largest executive care and concierge family medical provider. Our practice hosts 7 physicians and 2 local office locations, from which we serve over 1,200 members from Indiana and around the country. We are looking for diligent, talented, and dedicated new team members who share our passion for delivering excellence in the service of others.
Our Director of Operations will manage the daily operations of the flagship Indianapolis location of Indiana’s leading concierge medical group. Our team is focused on all aspects of our patients’ experience, diligently ensuring that our service is delivered in impeccable fashion each and every day. This position requires a diverse skill set, with a governing focus on the management and development of 7 exceptional direct reports who comprise our clinical and administrative support staff. This individual must have both an instinctive and comprehensive understanding of customer service and team management, and will additionally take the lead in ensuring proactive and seamless collaboration with our office in Fishers, IN.
Additional responsibilities will include (but are not limited to): Oversight of all daily office operations (excluding billing), as well as office presentation and regular patient service activities. This individual will have foremost accountability for our daily patient experience, including management of patient scheduling, office flow, and communications. Also in-scope are serving as a chief liaison for information technology, electronic medical record, and other key vendor partnerships, supervising and documenting all medical office protocols, managing insurance documentation requests, office inventory and supply management, and the oversight, development, and/or implementation of appropriate tracking reports and systems.
- Talent Development & Team Leadership
- Impeccable Communication Skills
- Effective Use of Judgment and Problem Solving
- Strong Customer Service Orientation
- Strong Planning & Organizational Skills
- Demonstrated Initiative & Adaptability
- Thoughtful Prioritization & Decision Making
- Research & Information Seeking
- Attention to Detail & High Level of Accuracy
- Ability to Manage Team Accountability
- Ability to Quickly Prioritize and Manage Time
- Superior Teamwork & Collaboration
- Computer Savvy with Business Applications
- Comfortable Dealing with Ambiguity
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Personnel / Human Resources:
- Manage all aspects of team member lifecycle, including recruitment and development of an exemplary medical support staff, maintaining job descriptions and postings, development of KPI’s, conducting performance reviews, development of training protocols and resources, team member orientation and training, motivation and recognition, etc.
- Ensure that all team members adhere to published guidelines for employment, including attendance, appearance, conduct, customer service interaction, and total team performance.
- Partner with COO and Fishers Office Manager to disseminate and manage information related to participation in team member benefits programs, and coordinate with vendors as needed to resolve issues.
- Lead regular individual and group staff meetings, evaluate staff performance and offer continuous feedback, coach and empower developmental progress, and conduct regular performance reviews. This includes all aspects of managing corrective action or disciplinary measures, up to and including team member terminations.
- Direct and appropriately delegate the day-to-day flow of work for medical staffing assignments, ensuring that all aspects of daily operations are functioning seamlessly and are proactively planned with proper staff support. This includes management of vacation requests, absences due to illness, and lending the personal attention necessary to properly handle other daily complications.
- Oversee team efforts to ensure that brand-right engagements exist with our patients every day, every time. This includes building patient rapport, handling of patient requests in a timely, efficient and reliable manner, ensuring sincere and courteous patient interactions, and properly intervening to escalate issues and/or address patient feedback.
- Personally oversee all aspects of patient orientation for all new practice patients, including expectation management, capture of required enrollment paperwork, medical records requisition, EMR set-up with compatible physician assignment, and proper scheduling of all introductory appointments with associated confirmations.
- Develop, administer and maintain patient survey information and metrics, efficiently aggregating and reporting results while working with staff to implement changes and respond to patients as needed.
- Management of insurance billing inquiries and preparation of associated documentation upon request from patients. Ensures compliant billing and record-keeping practices in all matters, partnering with COO and Fishers Office Manager as needed.
- Respond directly with sincerity, timeliness, and accuracy to all patient inquiries and feedback opportunities, ensuring sustainable outcomes that exceed expectations.
- Personally attend to overflow issues with staff workload as needed, ensuring that all physician and patient obligations are fulfilled in a timely and brand-right fashion. This includes (but is not limited to): Telephone and front lobby support, patient scheduling, insurance pre-certification requests, patient escort and pre-registration needs, scanning, filing, chart management, room stocking and cleaning, and exam packet preparations.
- Leverage support resources to ensure compliance with all current and future healthcare regulations as well as applicable state and federal medical laws and ethics.
- Enhance and comprehensively maintain practice documentation for accepted best methods, ensuring efficiency, compliance, and continuity across our various office processes, work flows, and vendor partnerships.
- Partner with facility management to monitor and promptly address issues with facility cleanliness, safety, and operation. This includes supervision of our parking amenities.
- Supervision of all patient-scheduling protocols to minimize conflict while optimizing both patient experience and office efficiency.
- Act as primary office liaison for all operating vendor contacts, including those for managed IT services, electronic medical record support, office security, phone/fax line support, handling of all office copying/scanning/recycling/medical waste, and the ordering of all office supplies. This includes records management for physician and staff credentials as well.
- Establish and grow relevant business-to-business relationships, as with complimentary premium services groups, partner medical offices, hospitals, skilled care facilities, philanthropic partners, etc.
- Support marketing and business development efforts through direct management of practice website content and timely posts, regular newsletter publications, public relations events, patient appreciation and practice recruitment functions.
- Be a thoughtful and effective steward of our brand at all times, both in and out of our office environment.
Education, Experience, & Skill Set:
- Four-year collegiate degree (bachelors or above) from an institution of higher learning is required, with preference for accreditation in a related field such as business or healthcare administration, hospitality services, or medical office management.
- Minimum requirement of 3 years of supervisory experience over a team of direct reports, with proven record to manage accountability, develop talent, exceed performance standards, and motivate others toward the achievement of exemplary results.
- Preference for previous experience in an upscale medical office or premium services setting, including general hospitality, concierge, and professional liaison environments. Experience with insurance claims management and use of an electronic medical record is also preferred but not required.
- Must be extremely comfortable with standard business applications and computing software, including Microsoft Office Suite, utility of web-based support tools, and electronic medical record capabilities.
- Knowledge and experience with human resources, commonly accepted management principles, office administration, and business development practices is preferred but not required.
- Must have excellent leadership skills, including demonstrated proficiency in managing performance and accountability while continually motivating a team.
- Must be intrinsically service-focused and genuinely caring, especially regarding matters involving patient interaction with our practice.
- Must demonstrate exemplary attention to detail while multi-tasking and delivering a high degree of accuracy.
- Must be results-oriented and display a commitment to doing what it takes to ensure the best possible outcome for our team and our patients, every time.
- Must have superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be personally available in-office to oversee all aspects of daily operations during operating hours, typically Mon-Fri from 8am – 5pm.